Soviet vs US Jet Train

Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Lovely Eggs


http://www.myspace.com/thelovelyeggs
Describe your sound in your own words.

Holly Ross: It sounds a bit like a really ripe, juicy watermelon, full of red wine that's been steeping in its own juices for several years, so it's kind of on the turn but it's fruity and bright. It's hard to describe ... quite noisy, I suppose. Every time we do a gig, it's always got to be a party and we try to involve people, so, hopefully, that comes across when we do recordings, as well.

How did your band form?

HR: It was a bit of a joke, really. We got challenged by somebody to write a song. They didn't believe we could write a song. I used to be in an all-girl band [Angelica], but when I was in Paris I wasn't doing any music at all, so they didn't believe I could do music. And David came to stay with me and we wrote one in front of them just to show we could do it. So that was our first song and we thought, "Oh, yeah, we quite like this.".



No comments:

Post a Comment